Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Baptism of Fire

Let us not underestimate what it takes to succeed at forex or indeed any worthy venture in life. I have heard it said that forex is not a get rich quick scheme but it is a get rich slow scheme, it's not a race, but a marathon, and this requires preparation and endurance. To find your competitor you need look no further than into a mirror.

When after my initial big losses which was 1k followed by another equal amount I can tell you it made me think hard and long at what I was doing. All I kept thinking that if others could do it then so can I. Besides there was no plan b in place if this failed, or should I say quit. It was all or nothing.

On the third attempt reloaded my account with $500 into a micro account (1:100) allowing for trades to be executed at 10cents a pip (the smallest trade size Possible). Then adhered to very strict money management procedures. Became more consistent in my trading methods and consistency stuck to my plan.

At first it was like playing ping pong with my broker. Win, lose, win, lose etc. Not really damaging the account but not making much headway either. I felt I was close to cracking it, I could feel it. Then with some minor modifications to my plan the account finally started moving forward and up.

Just bare with me and all will be revealed. Is there a way to be consistently profitable in what seems like a chaotic market. There most certainly is and the laws of averages state it must be so.

No comments:

Post a Comment